Instagram

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My story

Hi people,

Hope this song brings peace to you, and once again reminds us He is faithful, merciful and for us. 
This song inspires me, and to tell you my story and have hope even in the worst situation, because your worst day may be someone's best day. 

Everyone has this time when we feel restless, exhausted, depressed, tough and everything just did not go in favor to us. And we always ask, God why. One thing I could be sure of, He is always for us, through my toughest time, He was there for me. And we always ask, God how could this just happened to me. One thing I could be sure of, through my toughest time, He brought people into my life, to encourage me, strengthen me and always be reminded He is a never failing God, He is our hope and always will be. 

It has been a year and seven months since I had the toughest time of my life. It was one that I'd never ever thought that it could happen to my closest, my mom. It was beginning of last year, I had everything and the best things in my life, time when everything went well until mom started complaining about her back pain that she never had before. We did not take it seriously and thought it was just a normal back pain, went for therapist for couple of months and it didn't help. Therapist advised for a CT Scan and blood test. After several days, the results came out, my mom has a lung cancer, it was advanced stage and cancerous cells spread throughout the bones. I was helpless, I was broken down, my entire family was. And I questioned God, why does it need to be my mom, why not me. We were broken down and in depression. I was worried, I was scared, the fear of losing someone so close to your heart, fear of not having her accepting Jesus Christ as her Saviour yet. 

Thank God I had everyone around me, friends and churches, to encourage me, to pray for mom. It was the toughest time, but His strengths held me up high and told me to stay strong, to hope for miracles, to lift the entire situation into His hands, surrender. I had youth group one friday night, we were praying for my mom and that was when God gave me this thought and told me "Your mom will be healed and your parents will come to know Christ, soon"I was shocked and told my pastor about this. Through the toughest situation, He had given me hope. 

And I was told to share a testimony about never giving up and holding on to God. I wouldn't know the end result, but I know He always have the best for us, build us and strengthen us. After having God planted that thought in me, one morning when mom was lying on the bed, seeing the pain she was having, I asked: Mom, can I pray for you? She said: Yes. After the prayer, mom was touched and that was the beginning of everything, Mom started to know God more. Pastors and friends came and prayed for mom and told her about Jesus. Mom had vision about God telling her the passage from the bible even when she had not yet read the bible with a voice that is higher than everything else, a voice that couldn't be described by just words "Do not fear for I'm with you". Mom told us about the vision and immediately few days later my parents came to know Christ and accepted Him as Saviour and King. Not long after, Mom had another vision of God telling her, her lung is cleared. 

After a day or two, mom went for check ups and chemotherapy. Check up results came out, my mom's lung is totally cleared. Everyone was amazed and knowing that God just works in ways that we can't comprehend. We hugged we rejoice and burst into tears. 

Mom is still going through times of her life, going through follow ups and chemotherapies to remove the remaining cancerous cells from the bones and etc. She still needs prayers :)
Prayers are powerful, for every prayer we prayed, He heard us. One thing, He has the best plans for us and He works in ways that we cannot comprehend. 

Sometimes things just happened to discourage us, to pull us down to the very bottom of our lives, but don't give up, because He is for us, who can stand against us and what can stand against? He showed me He is the one true God, but by faith that we trust in Him. He works miraculously and powerfully. It is not a religion, it is a relationship and a connection with God. 

Hope this brings hope and reminds you once again, how amazing God is. For everything that happen, it happens for a reason. He is the reason we live. He brings us hope, love and life. 

Cheers,
:) 






No comments: